Reece Ramsden is the Partner of the Sydney office and an Accredited Specialist in Family Law. Reece practises exclusively in family and divorce law and has extensive experience dealing with parenting disputes, financial settlements and domestic violence. Additionally, Reece holds specialised skills through his passion for representing clients going through same sex separations. Holding a Bachelor of Counselling and a Bachelor of Laws from Bond University, Reece is aware of the toll a family law matter can take and is understanding of clients’ needs. Reece is also qualified in Collaborative Law, meaning that he can offer his clients the option to avoid court proceedings and agree to collaborate on a settlement pathway with the lawyer on the other side.
Reece’s considerable experience in family law means he is adept at understanding all types of family units (including all LGBTQIA relationships) as well as recognising certain risks like drug and alcohol use and domestic violence. Reece’s approach to his matters is diligent, innovative and grounded in reaching the best outcome for his clients. Due to his training in Collaborative Law, Reece adopts clear and open communication with clients and all associated disciplines including doctors, psychologists, schools and police to meet client needs.
Reece frequently advises on:
– High net worth property settlements (20M +);
– Parenting disputes involving domestic violence and drug and/or alcohol use;
– Specific domestic violence encompassing criminal offences;
– Same sex relationship surrogacy and separation;
– Binding Financial Agreements;
– Spousal maintenance and child support inclusive of DNA testing; and
– Mediations and conciliation conferences.
Determined and relentless, Reece will always endeavor to achieve the best result for all of his clients. Reece is proud of his ability to meet challenging and emotional circumstances with maturity, proficiency, and professionalism. The family law process can be intimidating and overwhelming for all parties involved and that is why alternative dispute resolution such as mediation and negotiation is Reece’s preferred approach before court proceedings, however, if necessary, Reece can be a determined court litigator.
If you would like assistance in your family law matter or would like to speak further with Reece Ramsden, we invite you to contact us on 1300 749 709 or submit an enquiry online.
See more about Reece Ramsden, visit his Instagram ‘SydneyFamilyLawyer‘
Family law topics written and published by Reece Ramsden
- The Rise of Grey Divorce: Understanding the Complexity of Grey Divorce and its Legal Implications on Older Couples
- What Is Spousal Maintenance?
- Moving On: Navigating the Breakdown of Your Relationship and Who Gets to Stay in the Family Home
- How To Set Aside A Binding Financial Agreement
- Current LGBT Family Laws In NSW - What Are They?
- What Is The Role Of An ICL In Family Law Proceedings?
- What Is A Harman Undertaking - Family Law
- Adult Adoption In NSW
- Who Gets The Embryos After Separation?
- Same-Sex Parents Who Separate: Who Gets The Children
- Will An Inheritance Impact My Property Settlement?
- Introducing the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia
- What Can I Do If My Ex-Partner Wants To Relocate With My Child/ren?
- When Is It Ok Not To Send My Child To The Other Parent’s House?
- Who Owns An Embryo?
- The Basics of Prenuptial Agreements
- Virtual Visitation and Long Distance Parenting
- Signs Of Financial Abuse Or Control
- Family Violence and Abuse
- What Am I Entitled To In A Divorce If I Earn Little Or No Income?
- 3 Items to Include in a Parenting Plan